If you plan to transport passengers in interstate commerce for a fee or to transport federally-regulated commodities owned by others or arranging for their transport, for a fee in interstate commerce you will need to apply for an Operating Authority.

There are many types of Operating Authority and which one is best for you depends on your business plans and operations. Common types of Operating Authority are:

  • Motor Carrier of Property (except Household Goods)
  • Motor Carrier of Household Goods (Moving Companies)
  • Broker of Property (except Household Goods)
  • Broker of Household Goods
  • Freight Forwarder Authority
  • Motor Passenger Carrier Authority

We can get you Operating Authority in as soon as 24 hrs. First time applicants will be issued a new MC and DOT number. If you are buying or selling MC Number, we can also expedited the process of transferring that MC number to a new owner.

Comments are disabled.